Helles Belles Wedding Hire Terms and Conditions and hire agreement
Please read then fill out the electronic form below.
By clicking on 'agree' at the bottom of the page you are legally agreeing to our terms and conditions.
If you would like to have a paper copy of our terms and conditions and hire agreement please click here to download a copy and then return the completed copy to through the post.
TERMS USED IN THIS CONTRACT:
The Hirer: the person/persons/company hiring goods from Helles Belles Wedding Hire.
Payment of your deposit deems you to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Please do not hesitate to ask if you would like clarification on any of the below listed points.
1)All equipment/stock remains the property of Helles Belles Wedding Hire & prices quoted are for one day hire only unless previously agreed beforehand.
2) It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that hired items are fully covered by their own (or their venue’s) insurance policy with regard to public liability and indemnify Helles Belles Wedding Hire Ltd in respect to any claims made by any person for the death or personal injury caused by or in conjunction with the use of any of our hire items.
3) During the period of hire, The Hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods. The contract for the hire of goods is between Helles Belles Wedding Hire and the Hirer. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the terms and conditions are met. Helles Belles Wedding Hire will charge the Hirer for any costs due to terms and conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the Hirer to reclaim any of these costs from the venue if the venue was at fault. It is therefore the hirers responsibility to liaise with the venue with regards to access & collection times. We strongly recommend you arrange wedding insurance.
4) Helles Belles Wedding Hire shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from our goods under hire.
5) No booking is secure until a deposit has been paid. The remaining balance must be received & cleared no later than 8 weeks before the event. If full payment is not received & cleared 4 weeks before the event the booking will be deemed to have been cancelled and we will not provide hire services for your event.
COOLING OFF PERIOD
6) When you initially make a booking you have a 14 day cooling off period. In that time you are able to cancel your booking if you should change your mind and your deposit will be refunded. Once the 14 days have passed any cancellations shall be subject to our cancellation policy.
REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT
7) A Refundable Security Deposit, the amount of which depends on the item(s) hired may be payable in addition to the hire charges, to cover shortages and damages to hired goods. The Security Deposit, minus any deductions for loss or damage will be returned within 14 days of the hire date, along with an invoice/receipt where necessary for any damaged/lost items. Please note that as items are often purchased in bulk, it may not be possible to purchase a single replacement: in this instance the Hirer will be responsible for payment of the full order cost although every opportunity will be used to limit the cost.
8) The Hirer shall be solely responsible for the Hired Goods – not the reception/event venue/hotel/florist or any other third party who may take possession of the Hire Goods. The Hirer shall be alone responsible for ensuring the Hired Goods are kept in good order from the time of receipt of delivery until back into the possession of Helles Belles Wedding Hire. Therefore, agreement of a good provision of storage of the hired goods must be made and organised directly with any third party involved, should you leave the venue prior to our collection or your own return delivery on the agreed date.
9) Standard laundering is included in our prices and includes stains from food and drinks and light scuff marks including those from shoes, that are considered usual for event hire. If, upon inspection after cleaning, we find irreversible damage or damage caused by mistreatment (for example rips, burns, footprints, graffiti, candle wax or excessive food and drink stains) the Hirer will be invoiced for the replacement of goods at full retail price. Please note that as items are often purchased in bulk, it may not be possible to purchase a single replacement: in this instance the Hirer will be responsible for payment of the full order cost although every opportunity will be used to limit the cost.
10) The Hirer will pay for any non-returns, damaged goods or breakages to the Hiree at full retail value. Details of the retail value of Hired Goods can be supplied if requested at the time of booking for the Hirer’s own information. We strongly recommend you taking out wedding insurance for such instances.
11) Any discrepancies with an order must be notified within 24 hours after the event. Any discrepancies that are not notified during this period will be exempt from any credit/refund.
12) Helles Belles Wedding Hire will not be liable for any delays caused by any circumstances beyond our control.
13) Prices of products are subject to change without notice, however once a deposit is paid any price changes will not affect your booking, unless subsequent items are ordered, in which case you will be charged the current prices.
ALTERATIONS TO BOOKING
14) Orders may be altered subject to stock availability & additional costs where necessary.
Our approach to cancellation of your booking by the hirer other than during the initial 14 day cooling period is covered below:
15) Cancellation by the customer within 8 weeks of the event will require full payment.
16) Cancellation of a booking more than 8 weeks prior to the event will not require full payment and will result in a maximum refund of 50% of the total price of the booking.
17)Deposits are non-refundable in all circumstances when a booking is cancelled.
18) In the event of Helles Belles Wedding Hire offering a partial refund for a cancelled booking the refund may take up to 12 weeks from the date we offer the refund.
CANCELLATION BY HELLES BELLES WEDDING HIRE
19) Helles Belles Wedding Hire have the right to cancel a booking due to reasons beyond our control, we will do so in writing or by email returning any monies paid and recommend another reputable company.
20)Under no circumstances shall Helles Belles Wedding Hire Ltd’s liabilities exceed the invoice value of the contract. Helles Belles Wedding Hire or any of their representatives shall not be liable in respect of any damages/injuries/losses or any other costs incurred in respect of this hire agreement. The Hirer must satisfy themselves of the suitability/condition/placement of the hired goods upon receipt.
CANCELLATION UNDER EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
21) Cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control (acts of god, flooding, fire, pandemics) will be dealt with as follows:
21a) If cancellation is due to the venue we will offer to transfer your booking to a different date.
21b) If cancellation is by the hirer we will offer to transfer your booking to a different date.
21c) If the Hirer wishes to permanently cancel their booking due to one of the exceptional circumstances listed above we will endeavour to make a full refund, minus the deposit paid. Please note in these circumstances refunds will take a minimum of 12 weeks to process.
ITEMS WITH ELECTRICAL SAFETY NOTICES:
22) When customers hire items from Helles Belles Wedding Hire that require electrical safety notices (LOVE letters) such notices are provided on each piece of equipment hired. We ask that the safe usage instructions are read prior to use by the hirer. We also ask that the hirer abides by the instructions on the electrical safety notice provided. Helles Belles Wedding Hire will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused by misuse of our electrical hire equipment.
23) When our LOVE letters are hired there is always a chance that a bulb(s) may blow, meaning the individual LOVE letter will turn itself off for safety. In this circumstance, please contact us immediately and we will attend your venue as soon as possible to replace the bulb. Helles Belles Wedding Hire is not responsible for any financial loss nor will offer any refund in the event of a bulb blowing.
To agree to our terms and conditions and to confirm your booking please complete the form below.